MRSWA accepts single stream recycling.
Recycle your newspapers, cardboard, cereal and tissue boxes, glass bottles and jars, aluminum beverage cans, steel and tin cans, as well as #1 (PET) and #2 (HDPE) plastic bottles, jugs and food containers.
Recycle Most Items Together
You no longer need to separate recyclables into containers, paper, etc. MRSWA now accepts all recyclables combined.
Recycle your newspapers, cardboard cereal and tissue boxes, glass bottles and jars, aluminum and metal cans, and plastic jugs and food containers together.
Currently the following are not acceptable:
- No shredded paper
- No plastic bags (return to retailer)
- No food or liquid (empty all containers)
- No tanglers (no hoses, wires, chains or cords)
- No clothing or toys (use donation programs)
- No electronics
- No Styrofoam
- Please do not bag recyclables. (no paper or plastic bags)
Loads of single stream recyclables will be processed for a fee of $59.50 per ton.